The staircase in our new apartment is, well, imposing. Forty-six stairs to the third floor. It goes straight up, switches back, and then up again. It's a beautiful staircase, but has the sort of incline that might compel one to drop an f-bomb or two when carrying more than a purse. Our movers, the two of them, put these stairs in their place. How they carried multiple eight-foot cabinets and a mattress up it, I'll never know. So, thank you Nick & Fernando, for getting us in the new apartment. Here's the bad news though, everything is still in cardboard. That said, I did cook a special first-night dinner - I just need a bit more time to write it up. In the meantime, I hope you don't mind a favorites list in place of a recipe.
- I'm hooked on this. Before our drive to Marfa, Wayne subscribed, loaded it on my iPhone, plugged it into my car stereo, and I felt like I had every album ever recorded at my fingertips.
- This photo project (via Tara)
- French sneaks.
- Watched this classic.
- Cute & clever - vintage food mill planter.
- Loving the MSL cookie app. Also, beautiful job bringing the magazine to the iPad.
- This plate.
- This workshop
- This exhibit at SFMoMA. Next up, the new exhibit at Pier 24.
Promise to be back later in the week with a crowd-pleaser of a recipe. It's an old-school favorite around here, and it has been far, far too long since I've cooked it. A little something old to go with the new address. -h
I took the photo up above in our hotel room at the Hotel Congress in Tuscon, Arizona.