Favorites List (Winter 2011)
First off, I have a little treat for you. Well, a treat for those of you who like desktop backgrounds and iPhone wallpapers as much as I do. While I was working on Super Natural Every Day I found myself using landscape shots from the book as my desktop patterns. Here are four of my favorites. I figured some of you might want to use them as well. I use the pink rhododendron for my phone, and the California Coast shot on my big Macintosh. Enjoy~ Super Natural Every Day desktop wallpapers.
So, I just stepped off the airplane, and I'm in the process of unpacking. Correspondingly, I haven't been in the kitchen in a few days. So, while I was in Portland, I started typing up a new favorites list for you. I have a new recipe to share, I just need a bit of time to write it up. In the meantime, I hope you'll enjoy the links and downloads.
- Mission Beach Cafe's Alan Carter makes one of my favorite pies. It is a huckleberry pie with a rustic butter crust. I brought one to Thanksgiving this year so my family could taste the magic. Here's a cute video where Alan shares a few pastry tips.
- Perfect way to wear pink.
- Can't get enough of this. Been using it on/in/around everything.
- A friend left a bottle of Mrs. Meyer's Lemon Verbena Dish Soap at my house recently, and I've totally fallen for it. I usually buy fragrance-free, but I love the smell of this soap.
- Debbie Carlos: Fruits Poster
- I've cooked a bunch of recipes from Moro East over the past month - thoroughly enjoying it. It's always inspiring to explore new flavor combinations and cooking techniques, and spending time with a book like this is a great way to do it at your own pace. Feel free to join in.
And I know a lot of you, particularly in the mid-west and eastern U.S., could use some tasty soup inspiration right now. This one, this one, and this one, and this one, have been recent favorites. Oh! And if you've never cooked Richard Olney's Garlic Soup, please please give it a try at some point. Simple and amazing.