Favorites List (09.08.18)
A list of favorite links, articles, and videos!
Some links, recipes, and reading for the weekend. Enjoy!
- 'A small-town couple left behind a stolen painting worth over $100 million — and a big mystery' (The Washington Post)
- This interview (Apiece Apart)
- How to Write a Condolence Note (Cup of Jo)
- Reading this.
- This video: Llama Cake
- How to Design Your Perfect Kitchen (Curbed)
- Rei Kawakubo Revealed (Sort Of) (NY Times)
- California's surf wars: wave 'warlords' go to extreme lengths to defend their turf (The Guardian)
- KT Achaya’s pioneering scholarship on Indian food (Caravan)
- The Best 10 Rules to Live by When You Are Young and Ready to Travel. (Steve Sando - also, read his New Yorker profile if you missed it!)
- Chengdu Cool: The Rise of Sichuan’s Homegrown Hip Hop (Guernica)
- Aretha Franklin’s American Soul (New Yorker)
Post Your Comment
I am so glad your Favorites List is back. I pore over every link. It's one my favorite things!
I have been a regular reader for over ten years now and that Apiece Apart interview was such a gift. Thank you for sharing your life along with your love of food and all things beautiful. We're so lucky to have you!
Hi, I was wondering where you get all the beautiful flower photos that you have been posting lately? Do you take them? Thanks Justine
Hi Justine - yes :) Thank you! They're just taken with my phone camera.
Your Apiece Apart interview was such a beautiful treat! Thanks for sharing some pieces of your growing up west coast and of your loving family. You continue to inspire me :-)
Thanks for the nice note Shannon :)