Thanksgiving ideas - you ready? Here are a few favorites from years past. These green beans, this roasted delicata squash, this corn bread, these brussels sprouts, and these mashed potatoes. This kale salad should be a contender because it's awesome and delivers a healthy hit of green. And I'm considering doing this pumpkin pie with the rye crust from this berry pie. I also can't help but sneak this brussels sprout & apple dish I like so much onto the list too. Now, I'm also a believer that even the most traditional holiday spread should attempt to incorporate something new, and I suspect you'll agree that Megan's Fall Shandy, Tina's Autumn Quinoa, and Lora Zarubin's Green Beans with Pickled-Onion Relish all look delicious. Beyond the plate? Let's see...
- Fantasy listing, and another one. :)
- So happy I ordered one of these.
- Sparkling Americanos (video / the details)
- Watched this documentary.
- Love's oven is warm. (via Souris)
- Maggie's boxes of deliciousness.
- Something Wayne has been working on.
- This idea.
- Jen's pic of my baked oatmeal.
One more thing relevant to those of you in the SF Bay Area - I'm going to be signing books at the Remodelista Holiday Market on December 3rd (10-4pm). There's a great list of vendors, and I would (of course) love to meet more of you in person. -h
Lead photo: I took this standing on the shore of the Salton Sea last weekend.